Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009!

I did a supah christmas theme this week. :)


From left to right: Christmas bow, stocking, present, gingerbread man, candy cane, reindeer (my sister's favorite), snowman, santa, holly, christmas tree.

These took a long time to do, but luckily I've discovered that if you play video games in between coats it can really make the time go by.

Used a LOT of stuff for this one. Here we go.

What I used: (in the order they were applied)

  • Base coat - the usual
  • Gold Dots: Sally Girl Nail Color "#812070" -- 1 coat
  • Sparkles:  Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in "09 Disco Ball" -- little bit on each nail
  • Snowflake Stickers: From a pack I bought on eBay. "Professional Nail Sticker" Sinyemei. Cut with a scissors and then applied to the edges of my nails. 
  • Gold Color: Savvy Nail Lacquer in "Golden Honey 627088" -- 1 stripe across the tip
  • White Stripe: OPI Nail Lacquer in "Alpine Snow" -- applied with a toothpick
  • Red Stripe: Wet n Wild Nail Color in "Red Red" -- applied with a toothpick
  • Green Stripe: China Glaze Nail Lacquer with Hardeners in "718 Watermelon Rind 80226" -- 3 coats across the tips
  • Stickers!!! My Favorite part! Cina Nail Creations "Holiday Cheer 133879" and the snowman is from another sheet I got on eBay. 
  • Top Coat - the usual -- 2-3 coats.
I love them! They're so busy and crazy, they're awesome.

What I learned:

  •  It's difficult to find a green color that I will use for the rest of the year. There are plenty of Christmas greens out there but I didn't want to buy something I'd only use once, so I'm glad I found this China Glaze Watermelon Rind. It's fun and sparkly and should be useful for other nail designs. It's a lot more translucent than I was expecting so it took more coats than expected to make it look solid, but I like it. 
  • I had my first experience with using a real nail file that my sister bought as part of a present for my birthday earlier this month. I've been using some little files that were 99 cents for about 10 files? (what seems like a million, I keep finding more) at a grocery store. Thought they were fine, but then this new file from Body Shop is fabulous and gold and makes filing SO smooth and easy and FAST. Who would have thought? Anyway, I'm sold, and I love using the "real" kind of nail file. Yay my sister!
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment