Saturday, November 20, 2010

Disneyland!

In celebration of my graduation this year, my sister's graduation last year and my dad's re-election as mayor, I bought my family a 3-night vacation in Disneyland in Anaheim. We were there from the 15th until the 18th, and it was spectacular. Nice weather, barely any lines, not too crowded. We had a blast.


In my excitement, I did some Mickey nails for the trip. These came out less-than-ideal but I was exhausted by the time I had reached this point and just decided to call it quits. My original design was red nails with blue tips with stars/moons like the Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey, but by the time I finished both hands I just wasn't happy with it. So, I started over and ended up with this.

Strangely, my left hand did a better job of painting than my right hand did... it was weird.

This picture was taken at the park in Tomorrowland. It was cold and my hands were dry. :P

What I used:

  • Top and Base coat: The usual!
  • Red base: Wet n Wild in "Red Red": 1-2 coats
  • Tips: Nicole by O.P.I. in "Razzle Dazzler" -- 2 coats
  • Mickeys: Konad white polish, and same red base polish, applied with the handle end of a paint brush I found on my desk
  • Sparkles: Just a little bit of Sally Girl #812070 on the sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment